Register for a training workshop.
Complete all necessary requirements - Complete study guide, Blood Born Pathogens certification, watch all 10 Birth Boot Camp Online classes. Turn on in study guide and all certification materials 2 weeks before your training workshop.
- Orgasmic Birth
- Born in the USA
Attend two of the same breastfeeding support groups consecutively. You will share your observations in the Support Group Module.
- Breastfeeding: The Ultimate MRE
- Lactation Intensive for Birth Professionals
Complete, pass, and purchase the certificate for one of the following Bloodborne Pathogens Classes.
Watch the 10-class Birth Boot Camp childbirth education series online and answer the questions in the Childbirth Education Module.
Compile a document of resources that support women and babies during the childbearing and breastfeeding years.
Attend 2 births (other than your own) and write a summaries for each birth including what you learned and how it will help you as a doula. You are encouraged to attend births at different locations to gain an understanding of how things can vary from one birth place to the next.
Register for your training workshop.
The Birth Boot Camp Doula Certification is valid for one year and recertification is required prior to expiration. Birth Boot Camp Doula values continuing education and current certification as part of the doula profession. Just as other professionals are expected to be current with the latest research and publications and hold current annual certification or licensing, so too are Birth Boot Camp Doulas. Knowing the latest in evidence based practice, being familiar with recent publications in our field and seeking to continuously better ourselves as professionals and business owners is imperative to success.This enables you to gain respect in your community and further your ability to build professional contacts and grow your business. Active Birth Boot Camp Doulas are listed on the website. Birth Boot Camp Doulas are expected to continually be seeking professional development and will complete 10 continuing education hours each year.
- Attend 2 different types of local community groups that support natural birth and/or attachment parenting (i.e. La Leche League, MEND, WIC, ICAN, Holistic Moms Network, cloth diapering group, a local birth network, a babywearing group, postpartum support group, etc.)
- Submit a short paragraph for each group detailing how they support the community and your clients and how to become involved. This will comprise three continuing education hours/year.
- Read 1 book of your choice (making sure the topic is birth, pregnancy, breastfeeding, postpartum, business or parenting) and submit a brief three paragraph book review. Let us know how you liked the book and how you can use it with your clients and in your business. This will comprise 2 continuing education hours/year.
- Doula Choice: choose one of the following
- Take a tour of a local hospital or birth center
- Attend Birth Boot Camp Retreat
- Attend a training Re-Boot OR instructor training
- VBAC Facts Workshop
- Other birth related training - include certificates in your submission
- Watch 3 BBC Webinars found in the private Facebook group.
- Agree to maintain the Birth Boot Camp standards of practice and uphold the organizations ethics, standards and code of conduct.
- Maintain active doula work by attending at least one birth in the calendar year.
- Submit your completed paperwork and payment of $75* by the anniversary of your certification month.
- All paperwork should be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Payment can be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment can also be made by check, mailed to Birth Boot Camp PO BOX 1874 Mansfield, TX 76063
Allow up to 2 weeks for the processing of your completed recertification information.
- A $50 late fee will be charged if forms and payment are not received on or before your recertification month is over.
- If forms and/or payment are late, your name will be removed from the website until all requirements are complete.
- If you are also a Birth Boot Camp Instructor, you will receive a $25 discount on your doula re-certification fee.